Skip To Content

Contact Us

2401 Crow Canyon Rd
San Ramon
Business Phone(925) 973-2700
Fax(925) 838-2925

Listed below are some of our most frequently asked questions. To view the answer, please click on the question. If the information provided does not answer your question, please go to our Citizen's Request Management (CRM) page by clicking here and select the appropriate topic. Your request will be handled by the appropriate staff member.

Click on any question to read the corresponding answer:


How do I file a police report and report a crime?

To make a crime report contact the police dispatch center. The non-emergency dispatch telephone number is (925) 973-2779. In the event of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

To obtain a copy of a police report, contact Records staff during business hours at (925) 973-2770 or make a request in person at the San Ramon Police Department during business hours, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding holidays). Once a request for information is received, the Records Division has 10 days to respond to your request. Refer to our fee schedule for costs. Requests will not be mailed unless all fees have been paid in advance. Report requests are handled in the order they are received. Your request for information is normally processed within ten (10) business days.

Note: Victims of crime, their legal representative, or their insurance carrier are entitled to receive a copy of a crime report; refer Government code 7923.605(a). If you were involved in a crime, but you are not a victim, contact our office to learn how and when these documents can be obtained.

I was a victim of a crime. How can I get follow up information regarding the incident?

During business hours, you can call Records staff at (925) 973-2770. It is helpful to have the investigating officer's name and the case number assigned to your event. This will help to determine who the appropriate contact person is. If you don't have the above information our records staff will attempt to assist you.

How do I find out if someone is booked in jail or in custody?

The San Ramon Police Department does not have a jail facility. A person arrested in the City of San Ramon is typically booked at the Martinez Detention Facility in Martinez. To inquire about the status of an inmate, their charges or bail amount, please call (925) 335-4600.

How can I find out if I have a warrant for my arrest?

We do not provide warrant information over the phone. You may come in to the Police Department or contact the court of jurisdiction for information.



What should I do if my property is lost or stolen?

If your property has been lost or stolen in the City of San Ramon you can file a police report as soon as possible with the San Ramon Police Department. If you have a record of the serial number on the item(s) or if you have applied your own number, include that in your report. Lost or stolen item(s) that are reported with the serial number stand a far better chance of being returned to their owners.

I found an item and would like to turn it in, but can I claim it later?

When you have found something in the City of San Ramon and turn it into the police department; as the finder you have the right to fill out a Found Property Declaration. The police Department will hold a found item(s) for 90 days, when the 90 days is past you as the finder may contact the Property and Evidence Division to see if the item(s) remains unclaimed. The Property and Evidence Technician will advise you of the claim procedures at the time.

How do I claim my property that was taken for Safekeeping?

Owners have 60 days to claim property that is being held for Safekeeping. If you need more time, call or write to request an extension. Unclaimed property will be destroyed or auctioned.

When can I claim my property that was taken from me and booked as evidence?

For all evidence that has been taken from a citizen who has been arrested or cited, we must receive confirmation from the District Attorney that the case has been adjudicated on all defendants. There are times when the District Attorney will not release property immediately, pending further investigation or appeals.

All property releases are done by appointment only; you can call (925) 973-2765. Bring your identification ( ID, passport, or military ID) along with your case file number.

My firearm was taken from me and I want to come get it.

Firearm(s) can be confiscated, turned in for Safekeeping/Stored or be turned in for destruction. If and when a firearm(s) has been deemed "releasable" to a citizen, that person must apply with the Department of Justice for a background check.  Please visit the DOJ website for release forms: Not all firearm(s) will be returned to a citizen. SRPD requires a $75.00 release fee for each firearm(s) released. You will need to contact the SRPD Property and Evidence Division with any questions regarding firearms.

How can I find out if my lost item may have been turned into SRPD?

Unfortunately, not all lost property has been turned into the SRPD, but please click the link below to view property that has been turned into SRPD. Found property listed on the page will be updated frequently and will remain on the page for no more than 90 days or unless the items has been returned to the owner. You can always call the SRPD property and evidence division for more information. 

Property and Evidence Division
(925) 973-2765