Skip To Content
COVID-19: City Services
Posted on 04/15/2021
City Hall
All COVID-19 Updates

In response to the latest State and County Health Orders, the following changes are in effect for the City of San Ramon services.

Public counters at City Hall, the Permit Center and Police Department are currently open to the public.

Many services are available over the phone or online—please see below for an updated list.

For questions about specific programs or services, each department can be contacted at the numbers  below during regular business hours (Mon–Fri, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.).

City Hall & Administrative Services

The public counter at City Hall is currently open.

  • Passport appointments are cancelled / postponed
  • School Tours of City Hall are cancelled / postponed
  • Government 101 is cancelled / postponed

City Hall & Administrative Services: (925) 973-2500

Official Meetings (City Council & Committees)

City Council Meetings & Sub-Committees will continue as scheduled, with the following changes:

Questions about City Council & Committees: (925) 973-2500

Parks and Community Services

Information on Parks and Community Services current and upcoming programs and events can be found at

San Ramon Community Center is open Mon-Fri, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. for registration and customer assistance. You may also call (925) 973-3200 or email

  • The following City Recreation Facilities have limited services to the public at this time with some restrictions due to current health guidelines:

    San Ramon Community Center
    Dougherty Station Community Center

    Amador Rancho Community Center
    Alcosta Senior and Community Center
    Dougherty Valley Performing Arts Center
    Pine Valley Gymnasium
    Iron Horse Gymnasium

  • Dougherty Valley Aquatic Center and the San Ramon Olympic Pool are open for lap swimming and recreation swim by reservation only. Click here to learn more.

  • Teen Centers are closed until the 2021-2022 school year. Registration is open at

  • San Ramon Library and Dougherty Station Library reopened on April 26 for Grab and Go services. Updates on Library services are available at For questions about Library services or account information, contact the library via Chat Mon–Fri, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. or call (800) 984-4636.

  • The Skate Park at Central Park is open for use only to members of the same household.

  • Tennis courts and outdoor basketball courts are open for use only to members of the same household.

  • All picnic areas are open for use by members of the same household. Reservations can be made allowing groups of 50 or less per the Current Health Order. Restrictions are subject to change pending county and state guidelines. For more information contact Travis Russey at
  • Public playgrounds are open. Contra Costa County Health Services (CCHS) recommends these simple steps to help keep outdoor playgrounds open:

    • Wear a face covering
    • Keep 6 feet of distance
    • Wash or sanitize hands
    • Eat or drink away from others
    • Limit your visit to 30 minutes
    • Visit during less busy times
    • Stay home if sick

  • All dog parks are open; residents should keep 6 feet of distance from others and wear face coverings.

  • All City parks and public bathrooms remain open.

  • Those who visit parks should maintain social distancing of 6 feet, and practice recommended hand washing measures. Sports requiring people to share a ball or other equipment must be limited to people living in the same household.

  • All trails remain open; those who use trails should be sure to maintain social distancing of 6 feet, and practice recommended hand washing measures.

    To remind hikers of social distancing requirements, signs have been posted at major trailheads and dog parks, including West Alamo Creek Trail, Monarch Loop Trail, Summerwood Loop Trail, Bollinger Canyon Road Trail, Dougherty Valley Ridge Trail, Tassajara Ridge Trail, Greyfox Trail, Rolling Hills Trail, Alamo Creek Trail, Red Willow Loop Trail, and dog parks at Del Mar, Memorial, Bark and Ride, and Tassajara Ridge Staging Area.

  • The following services are available online:
  • Senior Hotline: In order to support San Ramon Seniors, the City of San Ramon has set up a Senior Hotline at (925) 973-3250. Seniors can call this number Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.—5 p.m., to:
    - Sign up for meal delivery through the Senior Nutrition Program
    - Let us know what else you need so that we can figure out how to help

    For more information on Senior Care Resources, click here.

  • Senior Nutrition Program: Seniors ages 60+ should call (925) 973-3250 by noon on the previous business day to request lunch for the following day. A seven day meal pack will be delivered on Tuesdays only, after 12pm. For more information, click here.

  • Interested in volunteering to help Seniors?
    Click here to sign up as a City Lights volunteer, and select the “Sign Up” button next to the COVID-19 Community Response program. As needs within our community are identified, volunteers will be notified of opportunities to help.

Questions for Parks and Community Services: (925) 973-3200


Community Development Department

The public counter at the San Ramon Permit Center is currently open, with phone and video appointments also available.

  • Virtual Appointments are available—to schedule a virtual appointment, call (925) 973-2574.

  • Appointments are required for in-person visits to the Permit Center to avoid wait times—to schedule an appointment, click here.

Building and Safety Services

  • Minor Permit Processing:
    Minor Permit Application Submittals:
    Submittal of minor permit application (water heater, furnace, HVAC, windows, etc.) that can be submitted by fax (925-838-2821) on letter sized paper (8.5 x 11) or by email ( will require the permit application and supporting documents. The Standard Permit Application, Credit Card Authorization Form, Energy Forms and additional information can be found here.

  • Plan Submittals for Residential and Commercial remodels, additions and new buildings:
    Electronic Plan Checks: All plan checks will be processed electronically. The electronic plan check submittal links are as follows:

    Residential Plan Submittals

    Commercial Plan Submittals

Questions for Building Services:
(925) 973-2580 or

Planning Services

Planning Services continues to accept and process development applications online via email or a web portal, or via US mail. Applications will be electronically referred to the various departments and agencies for review and comment.

  • Business License Submittal:
    Please complete the Business License Application, including the payment information on page 4. Email the completed application and any necessary supporting information to If you have questions or problems submitting, call (925) 973-2560 for support.

    Click here for Business License Forms

  • Planning Applications
    Download and complete the required applications, provide digital copies of plans or other required materials, and a completed a credit card authorization form for payment. Email the completed forms, plans, and support materials to If you have questions or problems submitting, please call (925) 973-2560 to speak with a planner.

    For large applications, a Dropbox link may be required. In these situations, please coordinate with a staff planner directly at or (925) 973-2560.

    Planning Application and Forms 
    Planning Fees
    Credit Card Authorization

Questions for Planning Services: (925) 973-2560 or


Engineering Services

Engineering Services will be available by phone, email or web for:

  • Encroachment Permits (925-973-2692 for inspection appointment)
  • Transportation Permits
  • Any applications submitted or in process with the Division
  • All essential encroachment permit inspections will be performed to keep the rights-of-way safe and utility services operating
  • All projects under construction will continue if considered essential for the benefit of the public, enforcing all protocols listed in the Order.

Questions for Engineering Services: (925) 973-2670


Public Services

  • Public Services staff will respond to all calls received by public to maintain safety
  • All traffic signal operations will be monitored, maintained, and addressed by staff
  • All City Parks are open
  • The Skate Park at Central Park is open
  • Maintenance Contractors (i.e. landscape, janitorial, tree service, aquatics) will continue their services with staff oversight
  • All Citizen Request CRMs submitted will be reviewed, addressed, and responded to
  • Street Sweeping will continue as currently scheduled
  • Staff will continue to be on-call after hours through Police Dispatch to respond to any Public Works calls. The non-emergency dispatch number is (925) 973-2779
  • Garbage and Recycling
    Collection of solid waste, recyclables, and organics will continue uninterrupted and on schedule. Please remember to set your carts out for collection before 5:30 a.m. on your regular collection day.

    Neighborhood Clean-up Days will also continue as scheduled:

    If you have a question about your garbage and recycling services, please contact ACI at (925) 380-9480 or at If they are not able to answer your question, please contact the City of San Ramon Public Works Dept. at (925) 765-0010.

    For more information and updates please visit
Questions for Public Services: (925) 973-2800


Transportation Services

  • The City of San Ramon has reinstated Clipper Cards sales at City Hall.
  • The GoSanRamon! on-demand transportation service will remain as is, including the discount.
  • County Connection is still running, but routes have been impacted by COVID-19. Please see the County Connection website for updates.
  • For 511 Contra Costa updates, visit the 511 Contra Costa website
  • BART updates, including trip planning, are available on the BART website.
    *Monthly permit parkers who are not using their spaces due to the Shelter in Place order may request a credit back to their payment method on file for the month of April, and any subsequent periods if the shelter in place order is extended. Click here for more information.
  • Bike Locker Rentals at the San Ramon Transit Center have been reinstated. To lease a locker, contact the Transportation Services Division at 973-2650.

Questions for Transportation Services: (925) 973-2650
Questions for County Connection: (925) 676-7500


Police Department

The public counter at the Police Department is currently open, with the following Police Department Services available by phone or email:

  • General Information
  • Filing a Police Report
  • Filing an Accident Report
  • Public Records Requests
  • Non-Emergency Patrol Requests
  • Fingerprinting Services
  • Pharmaceutical Disposal
  • Clearance Letters
  • Vehicle Releases
  • Property Releases

The following Police Department Services are cancelled/postponed until further notice:

  • Ride Alongs
  • Station Tours
  • Citizens Police Academy

Questions for the Police Department: (925) 973-2700


Additional Information and Resources:

Latest update from City Manager Joe Gorton

Previous COVID-19 updates from the City of San Ramon