IMPORTANT: If you have a life threatening emergency call 911.
Ways to file a NON-EMERGENCY Police Report:
Use the self-service online reporting system. See guidelines below.
Call non-emergency dispatch at (925) 973-2779 and a dispatcher will put you in contact with an police officer that can assist you.
Go to the San Ramon Police Department at 2401 Crow Canyon Rd and request to speak to an officer during business hours Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
During non-business hours, utilize the emergency phone located outside the Police Department's front door that connects to dispatch.
To file a non-emergency police report online:
Please confirm the following to find out if filing an online report is right for you:
- Is this a property crime or non-criminal incident?
- Is this a non-emergency?
- Did this incident occur within the San Ramon city limits? (Exception: San Ramon residents or businesses may report identity theft regardless of where it occurred.)
- Are the suspects unknown?
- Is the report for documentation only?
If you answered NO to any question and the incident occurred in San Ramon, call us at (925) 973-2779. If the incident occurred outside San Ramon, please contact the law enforcement agency in that jurisdiction for a report (Exception: San Ramon residents and businesses may report Identity Theft to San Ramon PD regardless of where the fraudulent activity may have occurred.)
Traffic collisions cannot be reported on this system. If a collision occurred on a city street in San Ramon call 925-973-2779. If it occurred on the freeway, contact the California Highway Patrol.
If your report will require a callback or further investigation, please DO NOT use online reporting. Call (925) 973-2779. Online reporting is for documentation only with no further follow-up.
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you may be able to use the online system to file a report.
- You will be provided a temporary case number upon submiting your report.
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- If further information is needed to complete your report, you will be contacted by e-mail or phone.
- Once you receive an email that your report has been approved, you can request a copy by either coming to the San Ramon Police Department or by calling 925-973-2770 during business hours, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. **NOTE: Police reports cannot be released via email, fax or US Mail and you must show valid ID at time of pick up.**
- Filing a false police report is a crime.